Nortel Shows how Carriers can Deliver Better, Faster Networks to Reach True Mobile Broadband
LTE, WiMAX and the Convergence of Fixed and Mobile Communications Turn Hyperconnectivity into Wireless
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA–( EMWPresswire – March 31, 2008) – With billions of people and machines currently connected to the network and millions more being connected each day, Nortel(1) (TSX:NT)(NYSE:NT) understands how to transform the challenges of Hyperconnectivity into opportunities for its carrier customers. At CTIA Wireless 2008, Nortel will demonstrate the ways its mobile convergence and 4G mobile broadband technologies – LTE and WiMAX – are reducing the complexity of a hyperconnected world to deliver better, faster wireless networks that simplify work, study and even play for today’s “always connected” consumers.
For the estimated 40,000 professionals attending CTIA Wireless(2) in Las Vegas April 1 to 3, Nortel will show the value of its fixed mobile convergence and 4G technologies in a hyperconnected world through a series of real-life scenarios. Watch as a small, wholesale coffee distributor uses Nortel’s IP Powered Business Solutions and a WiMAX network to easily and securely connect with overseas clients across a range of services, like VoIP and fixed mobile convergence, that help keep operational costs down. Witness the benefits of true mobile broadband powered by Nortel’s LTE solution which delivers high-bandwidth mobile applications like HD video-streaming and digital advertising. Experience how to work, shop and stay in touch with friends while relaxing in a cafe where fixed mobile convergence and unified communications provide the ease of one-click access to VoIP, conferencing or IM using any wireless-enabled PC or mobile phone.
“Nortel has all the technology elements needed to power up solutions for the 4G world – innovation in WiMAX and LTE, a strong ecosystem of devices and applications, all-IP core solutions and a deep understanding of how carriers can deliver what consumer and business users are expecting from their wireless experience,” said Scott Wickware, vice president, Carrier Networks, Nortel. “The hyperconnected consumer wants seamless communication – anytime, anywhere and on any device – and they want it at an affordable price, while the hyperconnected business user wants the ability to leverage their mobile phone as an office extension. Nortel is focused on technology innovations that transform today’s networks. We’re doing this through higher speeds with LTE and WiMAX, better applications with all-IP solutions and most importantly, we’re doing all this while keeping networks simple and costs down.”
At its CTIA Wireless booth, Nortel will demonstrate the range of technologies its customers can use to easily bring mobile convergence and 4G mobile broadband to their customers. For example, carriers can jump directly to 4G today using Nortel’s all-IP core and end-to-end WiMAX solutions. Or, carriers can evolve to 4G, enhancing today’s networks with simple upgrades to GSM Evolved Edge or CDMA Rev A that support services like VoIP and push to talk/see, while laying a foundation for implementing 4G. It’s all about options. Nortel makes it simple to satisfy the cravings of a bandwidth-hungry world through a range of converged network solutions that make services like high-definition (HD) video streaming and interactive Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) -based web applications both profitable for carriers and affordable for users.
Nortel CTIA demonstrations will focus on:
– End-to-end WiMAX solutions that provide everything an operator needs to launch 4G from infrastructure to devices and applications.
– LTE powering high-bandwidth services like unified communications, video collaboration, and video surveillance over a live air network.
– IP Powered Business solutions that help operators sell VoIP to the small and medium sized business (SMB) market.
– SIP and IMS integrated with SOA web services to speed up the development time of web-based applications like social networking, click-to-call and live streaming video.
– Flexible wireless backhaul solutions that can radically reduce operational costs.
– A simplified evolution path from GSM to 4G through Evolved EDGE.
– Next-generation, high-density packet core solutions that enable an affordable and controllable mass market mobile broadband service with integrated high touch intelligent IP services for all wireless subscribers and levels of service.
– IMS Centralized Services (ICS), a technology that can deliver traditional and new multimedia services for mobile phones consistently over any network, be it 2G, 3G, 4G, WiFi or wireline.
– Carrier FMC solutions called Mobile Extension for carriers to deliver richer and simpler communication experience to existing mobiles by behaving as full office extensions.
– CDMA EV-DO Rev A powered mobile broadband applications with an integrated mobile client that allows users to transition from VoIP to video telephony to push-to-see during the same phone call with a single click in the same session. All applications will be live on Nortel’s EV-DO network including carrier Ethernet backhaul.
On April 2, Mike Zafirovski, Nortel president and CEO will speak in the Infrastructure Roundtable Panel Discussion(2) which features industry leaders discussing the path to 4G. The event will take place from 9:00-11:00 a.m. in the Barron Room of the Las Vegas Hilton.
Several Nortel executives will also participate in various CTIA sessions, including a Mobile VoIP Panel discussion on April 1. Click here for a complete list.
Nortel is a recognized leader in delivering communications capabilities that make the promise of Business Made Simple a reality for our customers. Our next-generation technologies, for both service provider and enterprise networks, support multimedia and business-critical applications. Nortel’s technologies are designed to help eliminate today’s barriers to efficiency, speed and performance by simplifying networks and connecting people to the information they need, when they need it. Nortel does business in more than 150 countries around the world. For more information, visit Nortel on the Web at www.nortel.com. For the latest Nortel news, visit www.nortel.com/news.
Certain statements in this press release may contain words such as “could”, “expects”, “may”, “anticipates”, “believes”, “intends”, “estimates”, “targets”, “envisions”, “seeks” and other similar language and are considered forward-looking statements or information under applicable securities legislation. These statements are based on Nortel’s current expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections about the operating environment, economies and markets in which Nortel operates. These statements are subject to important assumptions, risks and uncertainties, which are difficult to predict and the actual outcome may be materially different from those contemplated in forward-looking statements. For additional information with respect to certain of these and other factors, see Nortel’s Annual Report on Form10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other securities filings with the SEC. Unless otherwise required by applicable securities laws, Nortel disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
(1)Nortel, the Nortel logo and the Globemark are trademarks of Nortel Networks.
(2)This is a 3rd party link as described in our Web linking practices.
For more information, please contact
Major Newsire & Press Release Distribution with Basic Starting at only $19 and Complete OTCBB / Financial Distribution only $89
Get Unlimited Organic Website Traffic to your Website
TheNFG.com now offers Organic Lead Generation & Traffic Solutions