Fjordland and Serengeti Expand QUEST Project and Complete Additional Airborne Surveys

2008-03-31 05:15:00

Fjordland and Serengeti Expand QUEST Project and Complete Additional Airborne Surveys

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA–( EMWPresswire – March 31, 2008) – Fjordland Exploration Inc. (TSX VENTURE:FEX) and its 50%-50% joint venture partner Serengeti Resources Inc. (TSX VENTURE:SIR) report that they have acquired by staking an additional four properties (Oy, Mil, Inz and Duk) and expanded one (Tezz), northwest of Fort St. James, as a result of the release of geophysical and geochemical data by Geoscience BC on January 28, 2008 during the Mineral Exploration Roundup meeting in Vancouver. The QUEST joint venture project now consists of 20 copper-gold properties encompassing in excess of 115,000 hectares. All properties lie within the highly endowed and prospective Quesnel Terrane.

As reported January 23, 2008 (, results from 6,624 line-kilometres of airborne magnetometer surveys over the initial 16 properties within the joint venture project area have led to the prioritization of 11 targets for follow-up ground induced polarization (IP) surveys. Permits have been received for fieldwork on these from the BC government and the IP surveying is scheduled to commence the first week of April. The initial joint venture budget for 2008 is $600,000 and is estimated to include approximately 120 line-kilometres of ground IP surveys, as well as an additional 600 line-kilometres of airborne magnetometer surveys which were completed during February and March 2008.

David Moore, President & CEO of Serengeti, comments, “We are very pleased to have identified numerous targets for follow-up ground surveying within the QUEST JV area of interest. North of the QUEST area, Serengeti has discovered the significant Kwanika copper-gold deposit in part as a result of drilling of airborne and ground geophysical surveys that identified new targets, especially in areas devoid of outcrop. We hope to utilize our expertise gained at Kwanika in the discovery of more buried deposits in this vastly under-explored region of the Quesnel Trough.”

On March 1, 2008, Fjordland assumed management of the QUEST project as stipulated in the Companies’ joint venture agreement, which provides for operatorship to rotate on an annual basis.

About Fjordland Exploration Inc.

Fjordland Exploration is a mineral exploration company focused on the discovery of copper-gold-molybdenum deposits in British Columbia and the Yukon. Fjordland has a 60% interest in the 44,000-hectare Woodjam copper-gold-molybdenum project in south-central British Columbia and is operator of the project; Cariboo Rose Resources Ltd. (TSX VENTURE:CRB) holds the remaining 40% interest. Fjordland is also the operator of the 50%-50% joint venture with Serengeti Resources Inc. on the QUEST project, which currently consists of 20 copper-gold properties encompassing 115,000 hectares. Shares of Fjordland Exploration Inc. trade on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol “FEX”. For further information visit the Company’s website at

Tom Schroeter, P.Eng./P.Geo., President

The TSX Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.

For more information, please contact

Fjordland Exploration Inc.
John Gomez
Manager, Investor Relations
(604) 893-8365
(604) 669-8336 (FAX)

free cash grants, free grant money, free money, cash grants, scholarships, business grants, foundation grants, government grants, debt grants, consolidation, college tuition, financial aid, medical grants, personal grants, medical bills, unsecured loans, no interest loans, financing, loans, capital, non profit organizations

Major Newsire & Press Release Distribution with Basic Starting at only $19 and Complete OTCBB / Financial Distribution only $89

Get Unlimited Organic Website Traffic to your Website now offers Organic Lead Generation & Traffic Solutions